Sunday 12 June 2011

Nothing Left To Say But Goodbye

There are only three things in the world that I hate, and one of them is this argument for the existence of God.

By the way, this is going to be a very short blog. It was meant to be a tweet but the quote I'm going to talk about is over 140 characters. And I'm not going to use TwitLonger because I'm not a dick. Seriously, that thing just defeats the point of Twitter.

Loads of my blogs start with me saying, 'I actually really like' whoever it is, before going on to complain about something they've done. And this blog is no exception.

I actually really like Tom Hollander. I know Rev was a bit rubbish, and he was probably miscast in Hanna, but he was absolutely brilliant in In The Loop and briefly (so far) in The Thick Of It, so that's good enough for me.

But in an interview in this week's New Statesman, Hollander says: 'Intellectually, it's so easy to disprove the existence of God - a five-year-old could do it - so it's far more compelling, for me, to think there might be one.'

I mean, well, exactly. I can't really add anything to that. The stupidity of the argument is self-contained. There is, in the words of Audioslave, 'nothing left to say but goodbye.' I'll leave you with that song. Enjoy! And goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment