Today I turn 20. That is terrifying. I can't stop being a teenager, I've relied on being a teenager as an excuse for being an idiot and doing fuck nothing all day. I'll have to do grown-up things like 'being responsible' and 'working' and 'getting up'. Literally minutes ago I was reading the news and I laughed at the phrase 'penal system.' I read the headline 'Alien worm invasion 'threat to forests'' and thought 'cool!' and didn't read the article. Here are 5 of the thoughts I had upon waking up on my 20th birthday:
1. Where's MY fucking google homepage tribute?
2. I've only just got used to saying that I'm 19. Now, when asked my age, I'll get so confused that I'll end up just bursting into tears.
3. Whatever happens today, it cannot beat my birthday last year, when we found my friend naked in the fetal position.
4. I'm now officially older than Eric Forman from That '70s Show ever was. My life is over.
5. Maybe I could deliberately contract a Millennium Bug style virus to revert to the age of 10?
See, I'm clearly not ready. The title of this blog is from the song 'Good Luck' by the amazing Big D & The Kids Table with which I'll leave you, enjoy!